Embraced By Words
Many resources have been discovered over the last few months. I will be sharing the following resources with teachers tomorrow.
Thoughts Before The Resources:
- You find a great article, you give it to students, they don't read it because they know the teacher will give them everything they need to know from the article. Determine a new way to allow students time to gather the important information from the text.
- Pose a real life, driving question that can allow students to pull the needed information from the text
- Allow students to state the questions that they have from the text that could enhance the driving question or providing them a purpose to find more text to answer the questions.
- Columbia University
- Newsela - Nonfiction Literacy & Current Events
- ASCD Transformative Classroom
- Recommended Books, Suggested Strategies
- The "What Children Should Read" Debate
- 11 Tech Tools To Teach the Common Core Standards
- 10 Ideas For Using Instagram
- 9 Lesser Known Common Core Resources For Teachers
- Selection of Authentic Text & Resources
- Library of Congress Resources
- Informational Text - Pinterest Board
- Twitter Search - Informational Text