Over three and a half years, my commitment statement hasn't changed, but my focus has intensified on one thing: Mission First, People Always!
What's behind Mission First, People Always!
- My faith brings me to the story of Jesus. He had a mission to die and free us from the bondage of sin. In the midst of his death-his mission, hanging on an "old rugged cross", Jesus said, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34) People Always! He continued to look after people in the midst of the mission. When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved at the foot of the cross during his crucifixion, he stated, "Dear woman, here is your son." In the midst of His horrible death, he was taking care of people, always! (John 19:25-27) Of course, His whole mission was to take care of people always.
- Our mission is to bring the best quality education to our students.
- Our problem is that we DON'T put People Always. We expect teachers to continually make more with less.
- We must take care of people, adults who take care of our students, and students who are going to impact the world.
- The background: It's either a sunrise or a sunset.
- Sunrise: The beginning of something grand.
- Sunset: The sense of accomplishment: calming and complete!
As I complete my fourth year, I am focusing on people! Something I feel I always have been doing, but now with even more vigor. It doesn't matter how important the mission (coaching, curriculum, PBIS, Flex Mod, scheduling, discipline), I will take the time to talk with people and care about them.
"Mission First, People Always!"