To create a blog from scratch, I walked two teachers through a short step by step process.
- Log Into Google Account
- Create new tab in Google Chrome browser
- Type in blogger.com in the URL area (this will automatically have you logged into your Google account)
- Click "New Blog" on left hand side of screen
- Type in the title of your blog...this can be changed later
- Type in address of your blog. This will be the EXACT web address you provide to your students. Take into consideration that you may create a new one of these each year. Suggestion: use the year in your web address. Example: teacher1213
- Choose a template (this can be changed later) don't spend too much time at this point deciding. Start with SIMPLE. The dynamic gets slightly complicated.
- Click Create
- You may be asked to create a profile. Just choose the left "limited blogger" profile.
- The title of your blog will be in the middle of the screen. Click on it.
- On the left side, will be a list of nine words.
- Click on Layout
- Numerous sections will be in your blog. You can decide which sections you want. The main section "Blog Posts" is a section you will want to keep. This will be where you make the content of each day known.
- This section will allow you to add or delete any gadget that you want. Gadgets are tools that can be added.
- If you are unsure of choosing GADGETS, now will be a great time to contact me for additional help.
IMPORTANT: a navigation bar always exists in a Google Blog. Use the following code to remove the navigation bar so students cannot advanced to a random blog. The complete directions are here.