What this does for understanding:
- Students must provide individual voice
- Students must explain what they have discovered
- Students review the process
- Students must formulate the "whys" to the math concept
Why I like blogging:
- Easy using blogger app
- Allows for media to be added to the blog post
- iPad camera certainly provides an "open window" to multimedia
- the blogging "time stamp" creates a natural deadline. I think students need to become aware of deadlines and how to adjust to them. Almost all business and college settings require a task that needs to be completed by a certain time.
iPads (or any digital device) really do allow us formulate our discoveries in to our own language. I encourage all teachers to take moments to reflect on topics that are being discovered in your classrooms.