Friday, December 2, 2011

Integrating Technology in Education

I can remember a time when we "went to the computer lab".  I am SO thankful that this is not the case in my educational setting.  Many people have viewed how we "use iPads in the classroom".  Today, I have written an entire educational opportunity on our classroom blog.  This demonstrates exactly how technology tools along with paper and pencil and varying conversation are intertwined in a learning experience.

From beginning to end, the students are 

➽in and out of technology.
➽in and out of camera use.
➽in and out of the web.
➽in and out of a Google Form.
➽in and out of an iPad2 app.
➽in and out of a calculator.  
➽in and out of collaborative whiteboard areas.  
➽in and out of direct instruction.  
➽in and out of an intellectual conversation with an adult. 

Partly viewed lesson on blog


Videos of Today's Lesson (iPad2=No Play List-See Channel For Details)

**Raw footage taken by me while teaching.  The video is a playlist of 23 videos. Enjoy!

Reflection:
The lesson really went well because I am seeing how students use their tech tool of choice.  I am certainly NOT standing in front and lecturing.  I especially liked how it flowed smoothly.  I do wish students would have tried the SimpleMindX app.  Maybe next time.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...