While worksheets, lectures, and digital links can be connected quite easily to Canvas, the Discussion Tool and Edpuzzle will provide opportunities to truly engage students during this time.
Some tools that will contribute to the day's learning.
Ideas For Use:
- Provide a link to a reading via URL or PDF and pose writing prompts and questions
- Students will not see other student responses until they post their ideas
- Require students to reply to a certain number of students
- Grading the initial responses and replies to students is accomplished using SpeedGrader
- Provide an image or video for watching and required response
- Post a file of any type
Canvas Discussion Video Tutorial
Canvas Text Discussion Tutorial
Complete Discussion Guide For Educators
How Do I Create a Discussion?
Edpuzzle is also an amazing tool that can help with a video resource.
- Monitor exact student watch time
- Add questions and comments
- Questions will grade themselves
- Comments can be text or audio
- Prevent students from SKIPPING portions of the video
- Create own content through a screencast
- Upload a video from TEN different areas
Edpuzzle Video Tutorial
Edpuzzle Presentation Tutorial iPaddiction Blog Post